Educational Blogging : The End

 This time I have spent blogging has been a great learning experience. I have enjoyed reading my fellow classmates' opinions on a variety of subjects and have read blogs from several teaching pathways such as Music Education, Pre-K, and Agriculture, like myself. Whether you are a teacher expressing opinions or a student writing for a class, educational blogging helps develop analytical thinking and promote a higher learning level where we must put our knowledge into thoughts. This also spreads knowledge and awareness of many educational topics to people who may have never been introduced to those ideas before.

Cartoon hands typing on a keyboard. 
Like I mentioned above, I have had a great time reading my peers' blog posts throughout the past several weeks and have learned so much from them! Three blogs in particular stood out to me, and I found them extremely useful and important. The first blog post was by Madeline St. Clair on her blog, Playing is Learning. In one of her posts, "Flipped Classroom," Madeline does an excellent job discussing the advantages of using a flipped classroom model and describes several aspects of individualized learning that can come from it. Students are able to learn at their own pace by watching videos, doing modules, etc while having the ability to still receive help from the teacher when they need it. The next blog I enjoyed reading was Bree Dignan's post "Family Factors" on her blog, Ms.  Dignan's Blog About Everything Elementary. This was similar to a post I created, so I enjoyed reading her opinion and points on the topic of how family interaction and involvemnet impacts the student's learning and educational experience. As a student who is active in clubs and organizations and was the same throughout high school, I loved her point about how students will be engaged in activity after activity when they know they have the support of their family. The final post I would like to discuss is a topic from one of my fellow agriculture education majors, Brilee Culbert, in her blog Agricultural Education Topics. In her post "4-H and FFA Opportunities for Non-Farm Kids: Life Skills," Brilee does an excellent job describing the opportunities that lie ahead for students who participate in extracurricular agriculture activities like 4-H and FFA and outlines many skills and attributes such as critical thinking, situational analysis, and verbal expression that are learned from these activities. 

Overall, this experience has been very beneficial! I have learned how to blog but also increased my awareness of how I express my opinions in words. I find blogging as a great way to share information with a classroom, and it could be a very interesting way to allow students to write and share their ideas with their peers! 




Comments